today, September 22, 2021, the Town of Essex will be monitoring all
participants and spectators entering the Essex Recreation Complex. Please keep in mind that EMHA is also subject
to OMHA policies, which were not revised based on the recent government
Please visit the links below for Town of Essex and OMHA policies:
Town of Essex Vaccination Requirements
OMHA Vaccination Policy
Some key points to note:
- This does not affect players under the age of 12 (born in 2010 or later).
- This only impacts players and participants over the age of 12 (born in 2009 or earlier – U13-U18).
- Although the Town of Essex is not requiring youth age 12-17 to be vaccinated to participate in a sport program, the OMHA has mandated that all Affected Persons be Fully Vaccinated (including the 14-day period after their second dose) by October 31, 2021.
- Affected Persons include players, team officials, game officials, association officials, volunteers and instructors.
- Requests for accommodation must be submitted directly to the OMHA for review and approval. Any Affected Person who is granted accommodation must undergo regular COVID-19 testing and must provide proof of a negative test not more than 72 hours prior to each activity.
What do I need to do to attend development skates and tryouts?
In order to attend development skates and travel tryouts, anyone entering the arena will be screened by Town of Essex staff and will need to meet their requirements as outlined in the link above. In addition, all entrants need to complete the EMHA COVID-19 Screening Form prior to arrival at the arena. Once at the arena, all entrants must check in with EMHA volunteers and provide contact information (name and number) for contact tracing purposes. Once teams are established, proof of vaccination will be collected. Please give yourself some extra time when coming to the arena to account for the new check in procedures.