2021-2022 season quickly approaches, we have some important updates for our
membership. Please review each section below and forward any questions to the EMHA board.
Registration closes on September 19, 2021. The final in-person registration date is Sunday September 12, 2021 from 12-2 pm at the Essex arena. Late registrations will be subject to a $50 fee.
REGISTER NOW BY CLICKING HERE
Refunds - The refund policy has been amended for this season. A full refund will be available for requests received up to and including October 11, 2021. After October 11, 2021, the refund will be prorated based on the number of weeks played and will be subject to a $50 administrative fee. After December 23, 2021 no refunds will be offered.
Please send any registration questions to [email protected]
If your child has intentions of trying out for Rep/travel hockey for the upcoming 2021-2022 season, they MUST complete the Intent to Tryout Form by September 13, 2021.
INTENT TO TRYOUT FORM
Tryouts for ‘A’ teams will begin on Sept 27 and ‘AE’ teams will begin on Oct 4. All players must tryout for the ‘A’ team before being released for ‘AE’ tryouts.
The tryout fee will be $50 and will be collected at the first tryout.
The tryout schedule will be posted online as soon as it is available.
Please send any questions to [email protected]
Development skates will be offered for players registered with EMHA on September 18 and 19, 2021. The skates will be open to rep and local league players from U8 to U18.
Please stay tuned to the website for the scheduled time slot for each age group.
Development skates will be $15 per skate which will be collected at the time of the skate.
A mandatory checking clinic for U14 and U15 age groups will be held on September 16, 2021.
In-class session 7 – 7:30 pm (Shaheen Room)
On-ice session 8 – 9:30 pm (Libro Rink)
A second clinic will be scheduled for September 26, 2021. If a player has attended a AAA or AA checking clinic, they will not have to attend this clinic but will need to provide proof of attendance at another certified clinic. Goalies are not required to attend.
Please note that the checking clinic/league hosted in Belle River does NOT qualify as a certified clinic.
TIER 1 FEES
An additional $85 was required to be paid by all Tier 1 players for the modified 2020 season. This $85 is required to be paid before the player is permitted on the ice for development or tryout skates. Please send any questions to [email protected]
1. If your child lives within the EMHA boundary, they MUST register with EMHA, regardless of whether they will be wearing an Essex or Southpoint jersey for ‘A’ or ‘AE’ rep teams.
2. EMHA and SMHA are in the process of finalizing the practice and game schedule. We ask that you please be patient as we finalize all ice time to ensure all teams have scheduled practices and games in both Essex and Southpoint arenas.
3. All teams will share ice time across all arenas. We recognize that there is a perception amongst membership that if the team is wearing an Essex jersey, they will have practices and games in Essex. Similarly, if a team is wearing a Southpoint jersey, they will have practices and games in Southpoint. THIS IS FALSE!
4. Based on current Chatham-Kent restrictions, there will be no games scheduled in Wheatley at this time. This could change if restrictions change.
5. Practice times could be as early as 5 pm at any of the Essex or Southpoint arenas.
6. EMHA and SMHA are working on a shared travel calendar for all teams across our associations and will update our membership when it is available.
If there are any questions related to the upcoming rep hockey season please contact [email protected]
We thank you for your continued patience as we work through the details of the upcoming season and can't wait to see the kids back on the ice!